Low bed semi-trailer with pendle axle chassis between the gooseneck and the low bed.
VARIOMAX low bed semi-trailer
VarioMAX is a particularly adaptable and versatile series of semi-trailers, consisting of a front and rear bogie, based on 3 to 9 axles.
The low loading height and high payload of the VarioMAX semi-trailer are the economic and flexible solution for numerous different tasks in heavy duty or special transport.
The VarioMAX is also available as a weight-optimised light version. Due to the use of lighter pendle axles (17.5“), and the omission of one axle line, the weight and total truck length of the VarioMAX have also been further reduced. The advantage: Special permissions for special transports are easier to obtain, depending on country-specific regulations.
Video: semi-trailer variomaxLow bed semi-trailer for heavy duty & special transports - Faymonville VARIOMAX
Suspension and steering
The VarioMAX is equipped with hydraulic suspension.
The following axle systems may be used:
- Knuckle-steering axles (pendle axles at the front – Knuckle-steering axles at the rear)
- Pendle axles
- Cranked axles
Equipment & accessories
The VarioMAX can be tailored individually to the transport requirements. The equipment options for the semi-trailer include:
- extendable (telescopic)
- removable gooseneck
- outer beams with fixed wooden floor
- excavator deck
- vessel deck: outer beams without fixed wooden floor
- vessel deck hydraulically extendable in width (single or double function)
- Split bogie: connectable axles, which increase application versatility
- Intermediate platform which connects the front axles to the rear axles to create a flatdeck
Areas of use
The strengths of the VarioMAX low bed semi-trailer certainly lie in its versatility and height-optimised construction.
The VarioMAX semi-trailer is suitable for the transport of:
- Heavy construction machines (excavation and road construction, recycling, road planing machines, crushing equipment, screening equipment)
- Wind power plants (tower segments, generators, rotor or turbine blades, hybrid towers)
- Structural elements (steel and concrete elements)
- Industrial parts (transformers, crane-loaded goods, ring transport)
- Crane systems (cranes, crane weights, crane components)
- Conveying and crushing systems (demolition and recycling industry)
- Track-guided vehicles (trams, locomotives, wagons)
- Boats (yachts)
- Precast concrete parts
- Bulky goods and heavy loads