Weathering and environmental influences plus corrosion and stone chips are the biggest enemies of a steel structure. For the long-term protection of the surfaces of the semi-trailer, Faymonville relies on MAXProtect+, a fully co-ordinated and meticulously optimised surface treatment system.
MAXProtect+ is by far the best concept currently available in the industry. That's why it occupies the top spot in the field of surface protection.
developed and tested ‘in-house’
All stages and processes included in MAXProtect+ – from the painting to the metallisation, including shot peening and sandblasting – are carried out, developed and tested ‘in-house’.
This optimum surface treatment additionally increases the quality and longevity of our trailers.
Composition of the surface refinement
- Shot blasting: airless blast cleaning with metallic shot.
- Manual blasting: manual cleaning and refinement of the material surface with mineral blasting agents..
- Metallisation: application of a zinc/aluminium layer for corrosion and adhesion protection. Partial metallisation especially for strongly stressed surfaces.
- Joint sealing: prevents the spread of rust in the gap.
- Priming: 2-component zinc epoxy with 85% zinc content and additional active corrosion protection.
- Top coat: final coating with 2-component DTM.
- Sealing: prevents corrosion in corners and hollow spaces.
- Optional: Seawater-resistant complete preservation